Feeding Illinois is the association of Feeding America food banks that serve Illinois. Together, they provide food and other services to every county in Illinois through a vast network of member agencies and specialized feeding programs. The number of residents who are hungry in Illinois is staggering and saddening - yet solvable. But only together; with collective support across public and private sectors.
According to recent data, 11.1% of Illinois households are “food insecure,” or struggle to afford a nutritionally adequate diet.
Feeding Illinois members play a central role in responding to this critical need.
In just FY 2017 (July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017), the Feeding Illinois food bank network:
+ Assisted over 1.4 million residents across our state by:
- Distributing 247,716,986 pounds of food and other essentials,
- Serving the equivalent of 206,430,822 meals,
- Utilizing its network of 2,431 pantries, soup kitchens and shelters and assorted specialized feeding programs.
+ Helped more than 1.8M people receive SNAP benefits.
Use the links below to explore our network:
- Learn more about the food banks serving Illinois.
- See how a food bank operates.
- Explore state and county hunger statistics.
- Stay informed about our latest advocacy efforts.
- Follow our blog for Feeding Illinois news.